Caring for the environment and being sustainable is hugely important both to us and to those who choose our cards. So we decided to do things differently. At SmallSignatures every aspect of our business is as sustainable as possible.
- The paper used in our cards and envelopes is 100% recycled and made from 100% post industrial waste fibres. It is chlorine free (a major pollutant of the waterways), acid free and lignin free. Yet it still delivers the luxurious look and feel that you expect from your stationery.
- 100% of the energy used at our business premises, where we design and print your stationery, is generated by renewable energy sources.
- Our ink cartridges are recycled enabling the raw materials to be recovered and reused.
- Our business cards are made of 100% recycled cotton, specifically from recycled t-shirts.
- Our Signature Boxes are sustainably sourced and are part recycled and 100% FSC certified. This ensures responsible forest management. This means you can buy with confidence that our stationery is planet friendly.
- We package our orders in 100% recycled kraft-style brown paper. We don't include any additional printed receipts, these you have on email already.
- Our environmental consideration extends to our IT choices. Greenpeace ranks Apple the most environmental friendly tech company and so they supply our computers. Our monitors are TCO certified. This is an international third party sustainability certification for IT products ensuring the manufacture, use and recycling of IT products reflects environmental, social and economic responsibility.
- Our cards are printed in London, our boxes are made in Leicester. All our suppliers are UK based, minimising transport costs.