Caring for the environment and being sustainable is hugely important both to us and to those who choose our cards. So we decided to do things differently. At SmallSignatures every aspect of our business is as sustainable as possible.
- 100% of the energy used at our business premises, where we design and print your stationery, is generated by renewable energy sources.
- Our cards and envelopes are 100% recycled, specifically they are made from 100%, post industrial waste fibres and are Chlorine free, Acid free and Lignin free. Yet they still deliver the luxurious look and feel that you expect from your stationery.
- Our Signature Boxes are partly recycled and 100% FSC certified. This is a global forest certification system which ensures responsible forest management and ensures products have been checked at every stage of processing so that customers can be confident products are genuinely FSC certified. This means you can buy with confidence that you are helping to ensure our forests are alive for generations to come.
- We package our orders in 100% recycled kraft style brown paper. Plastic mailing bags may look pretty but they are definitely not a sustainable choice.
- Our environmental consideration extends to our IT choices. In January 2017 Greenpeace named Apple the most environmental friendly tech company in the world for the 3rd year running. They supply our computers. Our monitors are TCO certified. This is an international third party sustainability certification for IT products ensuring the manufacture, use and recycling of IT products reflects environmental, social and economic responsibility.
- All our suppliers are UK based, minimising transport costs.